Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Fast - Day 2

So yesterday I started my fast.  I don't know exactly how long it will be, but I'm going to go as long as I can, up to 40 days.  I went to Mass at OLS with my friend.  She is the only person I think I've told about the fast, and my intention is to keep it that way.  

Today is day 2.  I'm halfway through it right now, and actually I feel pretty good.  Last night I had a bit of a headache all evening, which I attribute to the fact that I didn't have any coffee.  So far today I'm OK.  I slept pretty darn good last night.

When I woke up this morning, at around 7 am, I stepped out to my balcony and read a little bit and had a cigarette.  Then I went back inside and felt myself sleepy again.  Rather than jump in the shower, I decided it would be best to get a couple more hours, so that's what I did.

I got into work at 10 am and so far the day is going well.  My hope is that this good feeling continues and that I am able to direct my thoughts toward God more and more.  That's the plan so far.

In terms of weight loss, etc.  It's still too early for me to care about it.  I'm not keeping stats or making the mistake of becoming obsessed about it.  My body is going to do what it's going to do - and I'm prepared to just let it go at that.

In terms of mental state - like I said, I do feel good, but I know that it is more about taking it on a moment by moment basis, rather than trying to project into the future or worrying about situations that are not here yet.  It is best to live in the now and realize that whatever needs to come to pass will totally come to pass.  I'm prepared to accept whatever comes out of this experience - I hope.

Beyond that, life is actually pretty good today.  It is a beautiful day in McAllen and there are a lot of things happening in the background of my life which I'm happy to watch unfold.

Thanks to God, all is well.  I know that if I keep my thoughts and my spirit directed towards him, then there is nothing that I can't handle or do.

OK, so that's it for now. Peace.

No comments: